AutoFahrt Holland – Bimmerfest 2023
9th June 2023 @ 3:00 pm - 13th June 2023 @ 12:00 pm
The 3 Series Register is delighted that following the successful club tour to Munich in 2022, another tour to Holland and Bimmerfest will run in June 2023. This tour is open to all club members and all club cars. The tour is once again managed by Scenic Car Tours. By booking and paying your deposit now you lock in the costs and protect yourself against inflation and exchange rate fluctuations. The tour is designed without long drives to keep fuel costs reasonable – most cars will complete the tour on a single tank of fuel.
Day 1 – Friday 09 June 2023
The tour starts from either Hull, Newcastle or Harwich, arriving in Rotterdam, Amsterdam or Hook of Holland respectively the following morning after taking an overnight ferry. Other crossings can also be arranged via Scenic Car Tours.
Relax, enjoy a drink and evening meal (not included in tour cost) and get a good night’s sleep in your cabin on the ferry
Day 2 – Saturday 10 June
Breakfast on ferry (not included in tour cost)
Approx 1 hour drive to The Hague. We meet at the Louwman Museum (Leidsestraatweg 57,
2594BB Den Haag). https://www.louwmanmuseum.nl/en/
The Louwman Museum is home to the world’s oldest private collection of motorcars, compiled by two generations of the Louwman family. The museum dates back to 1934 and now comprises over two hundred and forty antique and classic motorcars. Experts regard the collection as one of the most beautiful in the World. The museum exudes passion. Each car has its own story to tell, its own contribution to history. The motorcar is a mirror of culture. The collection is housed in a purpose-built museum in The Hague, the city where P.W. Louwman established his Dodge and Chrysler import company. The building, designed by American architect Michael Graves, blends in sympathetically with its historic surroundings. The landscape gardens, designed by Dutchman Lodewijk Baljon, complement the architecture of the building.
Please free to explore the museum at your own pace. At 12:30 we meet for a light lunch and the tour Meet and Greet and first briefing. We will have reserved BMW parking, and museum entry and lunch is included in the tour price.
After exploring the museum drive (approx. 1.5 hours) to Den Bosch and the tour hotel, Fletcher Hotel (Burgemeester Burgerslaan 50, 5245 NH Rosmalen).
In the evening we will head into Den Bosch for evening meal (not included in tour cost). We can either drive and park in the centre or take a taxi. If you wish to make use of the excellent Dutch cycling infrastructure e-bikes can be hired from the hotel for €25 – contact the hotel in advance if you wish to reserve an e-bike. There are many restaurants in the Centre of Den Bosch. Korte Putstraat is a good street to start with.
Day 3 – Sunday 11 June
We need to leave the hotel early as we want to arrive at Bimmerfest “largest one day BMW event in Europe” at approximately 8am to beat the queues. The hotel will supply us a takeaway breakfast box/takeaway hot drinks from 6:30am (included in tour cost).
At 6:45am we will have the second tour briefing, followed by departure at approximately 7am for the 1 hour drive to Bimmerfest at Raceway Venray (Peelweg 47, 5813 AD Ysselsteyn).
The BMW Car Club GB has booked a stand for Bimmerfest, and tickets and paddock cards are included in the tour cost. Bimmerfest is one of the biggest BMW shows globally attracting well over 2000 cars from all over Europe. There is always a great selection of cars, club stands and is supported by many big names in the BMW community, with live action, displays, trade stands and there is lots to see and do and has an excellent vibe.
After the show we will return to Hotel for an evening meal at Hotel (included in tour cost) and the third tour briefing.
Day 4 – Monday 12 June
Today starts with a leisurely breakfast at the hotel (included in tour cost).
By 9am leave the hotel for the 1.5 hour drive to Leiden, nicknamed Sleutelstad (Keycity), which is famous for having the oldest university of the Netherlands, rich history, monumental buildings, beautiful gardens and canals.
We will park at ‘Parkeergarage Lammermarkt’ (Lammermarkt 20P, 2312 CW Leiden) at a cost of €3.40 per hour. This is the deepest car park in Holland, 22.5 metres below sea level. Look out for the entrance near the big windmill.
From the car park it is a 5 minute walk to ‘Bootjes en Broodjes’ (Blauwpoortsbrug 1, 2312 GA Leiden). At 11am we have a private 2 hour guided canal tour complete with English commentary and light lunch with tea/coffee/soft drinks (included in tour cost).
After the tour people taking the Rotterdam or Hook of Holland ferries have time to further explore Leiden.
People taking the Amsterdam ferry need to leave reasonably early due to the earlier check-in time. If you arrive a bit early we recommend café Kop van de Haven (Sluisplein 80, 1975 AG, Ijmuiden) which is right next to the ferry terminal.
Once on your ferry relax, reminisce, enjoy a drink and evening meal (not included in tour cost) and get a good night’s sleep in your cabin on the ferry.
Day 5 – Tuesday 13 June
Breakfast on ferry (not included in tour cost)
Participants are limited to a maximum of 30 BMW Car Club GB Members.
£749.00 per person sharing a bedroom/cabin/car (£1,498.00 in total for 2 persons)
£1,149.00 per person in a room/cabin/car on their own
£100.00 additional supplement for those wishing to travel via Newcastle instead of Hull/Harwich
Those wanting cross-channel crossings from Dover or Folkestone to Calais can do so on a request basis and will be quoted at the time of booking. Those wanting to arrange their own crossing can benefit from a £450.00 per car discount for arranging their own sailings / not taking the included sailings.
These prices include ALL of the below items: –
- 5-day tour – Exclusive departure date for BMWCCGB from 09-13 June 2023
- Return overnight sailings – 2 nights at sea (09 and 12 June 2023)
- Private 4 berth inside cabins for 2 persons to share avoiding bunk climbing OR 2 berth inside cabin for solo travellers to avoid bunk climbing – other cabins available at additional cost at the time of booking
- Group visit to Louwman Museum (10 June 2023) INCLUDING: –
- General entry fee
- Reserved BMW CC parking area
- Light lunch
- 2 nights’ accommodation in the 4* Fletcher Hotel-Restaurant ‘s-Hertogenbosch (10 & 11 June 2023)
- 2 breakfasts included – each morning at your hotels – breakfast on Sunday morning (Bimmerfest) will be a takeaway box/takeaway hot drinks
- Hotel 3-course meal with at least 2 options per course following Bimmerfest
- Entry to Bimmerfest (11 June 2023) INCLUDING: –
- General entry fee
- Reserved parking
- Group private boat cruise – 12 June 2023- INCLUDING: –
- 2-hour cruise of the Leiden canals including English commentary
- Light lunch with tea/coffee/soft drinks provided (1 per person)
- 1 x tailored route guide, per car, which will feature details and maps on attractions and places of interest
- 1 x tailored/bespoke rally plaque, per car
- 24 hours out of hours Scenic Car Tours helpline whilst on the tour
- Full financial protection via ABTOT – Scenic Car Tours are ABTOT registered number 5405 – see https://www.abtot.com
You can now book on to the tour, on a first come first served basis, via the below methods: –
1- Online by clicking this unique BMWCC booking link: –
NB: If you require something different from the ‘standard package’, you will be unable to book online and will instead have to book via telephone.
2- Via telephone on 01732 879153 with Katie, Eloise, James, Mike or Kieran.
SCT are open Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm.
Please ensure, if booking by phone, that you quote the unique BMWCC booking reference which is “BIMMERFE”. This will ensure we keep your group together during the event.
Important to note prior to making a booking: –
- A) Please ensure you have read and are comfortable with our conditions of booking before paying your deposit. See https://www.sceniccartours.com/terms-and-conditions for these conditions.
- B) Please ensure you are aware that to confirm a place, a 20% deposit required, with the final balance payable 10 weeks prior to the tour departure.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.