3 Series Munich Trip 2022
12th June 2022 @ 8:00 am - 20th June 2022 @ 5:00 pm
This event had to be postponed from 2020. The trip is capped at 20 participants and Autofahrt Munich is due to take place in June 2021 as follows;
Sunday 12 June 2022 (Day 1)
The tour starts from either Hull, Newcastle or Harwich, arriving in Rotterdam, Amsterdam or Hook of Holland respectively the following morning after taking an overnight ferry.
Monday 13 June (Day 2)
Meet at E&R Classics by 12am (around 60-80 miles from all of the Dutch ports to here). Reserved BMW parking at the showroom and a light lunch at the ER Classics showroom (a fantastic venue for any car enthusiast). The lunch will also serve as a ‘meet and greet’ and first briefing.
Drive to Rüdesheim via the Rhine Valley.
The hotel is right in town, with good parking. The hotel this evening is B&B only, everyone can go out and explore the town and riverfront in the evening.
Tuesday 14 June (Day 3)
After breakfast, we will head straight onto the road, with a choice of scenic routes to the ‘Romantic Road’, before taking a very leisurely afternoon stopping in the towns along the ‘Romantic Road’. Dinner is included for everyone at the hotel in Regansburg tonight, along with the second briefing (Regensburg, Munich & Sinsheim plans over the next three days).
Wednesday 15 June (Day 4)
BMW Facilities to be toured and times to be confirmed three months prior to the tour. If total numbers on the tour are low, the price may need to increase to cover the cost of the BMW facilities.
The plant tour lasts for about three hours and leads through different production and outside areas. Plant Regensburg assembles the 1 Series, 2 Series Gran Tourer, 4 Series convertible, M4 convertible, X1 and X2. In the past it was the birthplace of most E30s, E36s and E46s.
After the tour we drive to Munich where we will be staying for two nights at the hotel on B&B basis only. In the evening either relax in the hotel beer garden or head into Munich City centre.
Thursday 16 June (Day 5)
Facilities to be toured and times to be confirmed three months prior to the tour. If total numbers on the tour are low, the price may need to increase to cover the cost of the BMW facilities.
Guided Duo-Tour (BMW Museum/ Welt) – 90 min.
BMW Group Classic guided Tour – 60 min.
Return to the BMW Museum for more time looking around and/or visiting the Olympic grounds across the road and the Olympic Tower for views over Munich. Again in the evening either relax in the hotel beer garden or head into Munich City centre.
Friday 17 June (Day 6)
Blast along the Autobahns to Sinsheim for lunchtime. Afternoon in Sinsheim Technik Museum. Lunch at museum café (not included in tour cost).
Close by is our hotel for the night, set on a man-made lake, hopefully if the weather is nice we can arrange a meal on the hotel terrace, if not a meal in the hotel. Also the third briefing (Lueven and return to ferries).
Saturday 18 June (Day 7)
Drive north to the picture postcard town of Leuven in Belgium. This is a bit of a hidden gem with lots of beer and chocolate shops. The hotel is within walking distance (so no need to worry about driving) of the home of Stella Artois where we will have a Stella brewery tour. Then we will head into the town for a restaurant meal.
Sunday 19 June (Day 8)
Drive to the French or Dutch ports and overnight ferries home.
Monday 20 June 2021 (Day 9)
£1199.00 per person in a car and bedroom (based on 2 persons sharing in a car/bedroom throughout the tour – so £2398.00 per couple)
£1548.00 per person in a car and bedroom on their own throughout
If booked with a deposit before 30 Sept 2021:
£1174.00 per person in a car and bedroom (based on 2 persons sharing in a car/bedroom throughout the tour – so £2348.00 per couple)
£1523.00 per person in a car and bedroom on their own throughout
These prices are based on including ALL of the below:-
- 9 day/8 night tour
- Return overnight crossing from UK to Holland*
- 1 night cabin accommodation on board the ferry in a 4 inside berth cabin, each way(2 nights in total)
- 6 nights at hotels
- Breakfast included each morning at the hotels
- 2 dinners included at Regensburg and Sinsheim hotels
- Entrance andlight lunch at ER Classics showroom
- Entry andreserved parking area at Technik Museum in Sinsheim
- Private group guided tours of BMW Plant Regensburg (ca. 180 min.),BMW Museum and BMW Welt (ca. 90 min), BMW Group Classic (ca. 60 min.).
- Private group guided tour of Stella Artois Brewery
- 1 route guide per car, which will feature details and maps on attractions and places of interest
- 1 rally plaque per car
- All administration taken care of – Scenic Car Tours will handle all of the bookings, payments, queries etc.
- 24 hour out of hours helpline whilst on the tour
- Full financial protection via ABTOT – SCT are ABTOT registered number 5405 – see https://www.abtot.com/
- Ease of booking for members – book everything with SCT rather than having to worry about booking many different elements with various suppliers
- All bookings are bound by SCT conditions of booking. Members are bound by SCT conditions once a deposit is paid
*The above prices are based on Stena Line’s Harwich to Hook of Holland or P&O’s Hull to Rotterdam, an approx. £100 supplement will apply for DFDS’s Newcastle to Amsterdam sailing.
For further details and to reserve a place contact Simon at email@example.com