BMW GLOBAL PRESS | 27.05.2020
- Premiere of the new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo: Precisely modified exterior design hones the sporting profile and distinctive characteristics of the dynamic five-door model; high-quality materials and equipment features enhance the sumptuous ambience of the interior; 48V mild hybrid technology raises efficiency and dynamism; cutting-edge innovations in the areas of driver assistance, control/operation and connectivity.
- Unique vehicle concept in the premium executive class brings long-distance comfort together with sporty looks with intelligent functionality. More than 50,000 units of the BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo now sold worldwide. Production for global markets at BMW Plant Dingolfing. Market launch of the new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo from July 2020.
- Redesigned front and rear ends bring increased presence and powerful sporting allure; larger BMW kidney grille and slimmer headlights accentuate the car’s dynamic character; new Adaptive LED Headlights with matrix technology fitted as standard, latest version of BMW Laserlight can be ordered as an option; exceptionally clear surfacing emphasises the width of the rear end; all model variants now with trapezoidal exhaust tailpipe finishers.
- New exterior colours and additional BMW Individual paint finishes, M Sport package with new, particularly striking front apron and large diffuser element at the rear. Optional M Sport brakes now with a choice of blue or red-painted callipers.
- 18-inch light-alloy wheels fitted as standard on the most powerful petrol and diesel engines, new light-alloy wheels in 19- and 20-inch formats available as an optional.
- Unrivalled blend of luxurious ambience, travelling comfort and interior variability. New combination of 12.3-inch Control Display and instrument cluster fitted as standard. Controls on the centre console now in High-gloss Black, leather sports steering wheel with newly arranged multifunction buttons and two-zone automatic climate control with extended features are standard. Optional Sensatec instrument panel now available with brown contrast stitching.
- Dakota leather upholstery comes as standard, BMW Individual full leather trim optional. New interior trim strips added, including Aluminium Rhombicle Smoke Grey (in cars specified with the M Sport package) and exquisite fine wood variants.
- New high-quality options for enhanced travelling comfort: ambient lighting with dynamic interior lighting, further developed Rear-seat entertainment Professional. Also available: four-zone automatic climate control, panoramic glass sunroof, electrically adjustable roller sunblinds, Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System.
- Two petrol and three diesel engines available. All engine variants now with 48V mild hybrid technology. More rapid response and greater efficiency thanks to 48V starter-generator with extra 8 kW/11 hp to boost the combustion engine’s power and ease its workload.
- Further developed BMW TwinPower Turbo technology: Four- and six-cylinder petrol engines with optimised direct injection; all diesel engines now with two-stage turbocharging. All four- and six-cylinder petrol engines now comply with the Euro 6d emissions standard.
- Eight-speed Steptronic transmission standard for all model variants. BMW xDrive intelligent all-wheel drive either standard or optional for three engine variants.
- Optional Integral Active Steering now offers greater assistance in low-speed manoeuvring. Rear-axle air suspension with automatic self-levelling fitted as standard. Also available as an option: adaptive two-axle air suspension, adaptive suspension, Executive Drive with active roll stabilisation.
- New driver assistance systems and extended functions smooth the way to automated driving. The Lane Departure Warning component of the optional Driving Assistant now also has the lane return function. Steering and Lane Control Assistant (part of the optional Driving Assistant Professional) now also includes Active Navigation, automatic formation of emergency lane, and junction warning with city braking function. Optional Active Cruise Control with Stop&Go function now includes adaptive distance control.
- 3D visualisation of the surrounding area shows traffic situations and possible inputs from driver assistance systems in the instrument cluster.
- Optional Parking Assistant with additional reversing assistant; BMW Drive Recorder shoots up to 40 seconds of video of the area around the vehicle.
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional fitted in the new BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo as standard. BMW Operating System 7 optimises intuitive operation, opens up a wealth of new application and connectivity possibilities and enables extended personalisation.
- BMW Intelligent Personal Assistant digital companion has extended functions; optimised interaction using new graphic in the Control Display.
- Premiere for BMW Maps: New cloud-based navigation system enables extremely fast and precise calculation of routes and arrival times; updating of real-time traffic data at short intervals; free choice of words to select navigation destinations.
- Standard smartphone integration now also with Android Auto (in addition to Apple CarPlay); wireless connectivity via WiFi; information shown in the Control Display, instrument cluster and optional Head-Up Display.
- Remote Software Upgrade enables integration of vehicle-specific content and updates – such as functionality extensions for driver assistance systems – over the air. Vehicle software is always up to date; digital services can be added at a later stage.
Model variants at launch: BMW 630i Gran Turismo:
Four-cylinder in-line petrol engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission. Capacity: 1,998 cc, output: 190 kW/258 hp at 5,000 – 6,500 rpm, max. torque: 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) at 1,550 – 4,400 rpm.Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 6.5 seconds, top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph). Fuel consumption, combined: 6.1 – 5.9 l/100 km (46.3 – 47.9 mpg imp), CO2 emissions, combined: 139 – 135 g/km, exhaust standard: Euro 6d.
BMW 640i Gran Turismo (BMW 640i xDrive Gran Turismo):
Six-cylinder in-line petrol engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission, (BMW xDrive). Capacity: 2,998 cc, output: 245 kW/333 hp at 5,500 – 6,250 rpm, max. torque: 450 Nm (332 lb-ft) at 1,600 – 4,800 rpm.Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.5 seconds (5.4 seconds), top speed: 250 km/h [155 mph] (250 km/h [155 mph]). Fuel consumption, combined: 7.0 – 6.8 l/100 km [40.4 – 41.5 mpg imp] (7.4 – 7.2 l/100 km [38.2 – 39.2 mpg imp]), CO2 emissions, combined: 160 – 155 g/km (170 – 166 g/km), exhaust standard: Euro 6d.
BMW 620d Gran Turismo:
Four-cylinder in-line diesel engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission. Capacity: 1,995 cc, output: 140 kW/190 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 400 Nm (295 lb-ft) at 1,750 – 2,500 rpm.Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 7.9 seconds, top speed: 220 km/h (137 mph). Fuel consumption, combined: 4.6 – 4.4 l/100 km (61.4 – 64.2 mpg imp), CO2 emissions, combined: 120 – 116 g/km, exhaust standard: Euro 6d.
BMW 630d Gran Turismo (BMW 630d xDrive Gran Turismo):
Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission, (BMW xDrive). Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 210 kW/286 hp at 4,000 rpm, max. torque: 650 Nm (479 lb-ft) at 1,500 – 2,500 rpm.Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 6.1 seconds (5.9 seconds), top speed: 250 km/h [155 mph] (250 km/h [155 mph]). Fuel consumption, combined: 5.0 – 4.9 l/100 km [56.5 – 57.7 mpg imp] (5.3 – 5.1 l/100 km [53.3 – 55.4 mpg imp]), CO2 emissions, combined: 133 – 128 g/km (140 – 135 g/km), exhaust standard: Euro 6d.
BMW 640d xDrive Gran Turismo:
Six-cylinder in-line diesel engine, mild hybrid technology, eight-speed Steptronic transmission, BMW xDrive. Capacity: 2,993 cc, output: 250 kW/340 hp at 4,400 rpm, max. torque: 700 Nm (516 lb-ft) at 1,750 – 2,250 rpm.Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h (62 mph)]: 5.3 seconds, top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph). Fuel consumption, combined: 5.6 – 5.4 l/100 km (50.4 – 52.3 mpg imp), CO2 emissions, combined: 147 – 141 g/km, exhaust standard: Euro 6d.
For full press release and images, CLICK HERE.