Breaking News about the 100 year aniversay celebrations for BMW.
At the BMW International Council meeting in Japan recently, the following information was announced.
- The provisional date is March 7, 2016 (or thereabouts) in Munich. The Council Board and Delegates will be invited to the event, if the budget allows.
- Techno-Classica is expected to have a larger presence by BMW and clubs – planned for March 9th – 12th, 2016.
- BMW Motorrad Days will also feature a special 100 years celebration.
- Oldtimer Grand Prix at the Nurburing will also feature 100 years of BMW.
- A special Club gathering in Munich in the autumn 2016 will be planned with a large number of cars and motorcycles, target date probably before the Oktoberfest.
- A special event package will be created for all clubs who want to have a celebration in their country (e.g., lanyards, flags, posters, badges, etc.).
- A welcome package for clubs who want to come to Munich e.g., special parking, museum, Welt, and Classic tours, visit to Munich plant.
- A communication package may be created and offered to Clubs – this can include pictures, internet banner, Classic Live, Clubs World.
- A request was made to consider inviting previous Award Winners to the events in Munich – this will be investigated but will be budget dependent.
- The Club Office will confirm with Umbrella organisations the status of Award Winners, and note those who have passed away.
- The idea is a Rolling party around the world – celebrations around the world should be coordinated.
- Actions to be taken to promote the concept include having links to all events which should take place at the same time in many countries, and increasing support in the countries.
- The Anniversary logo is to be sent well in advance to the clubs, in order to allow them to publish it in their club magazines.
Provided by the BMW Clubs International Council in co-operation with the BMW Clubs European Federation