The Irish Region extends from Malin Head in Donegal to Mizen Head in Cork and from Achill Island in Mayo to Ireland’s Eye in Dublin.
We cover both the north and south of our country with great local contacts in Dublin, Belfast. Events include fun drives, local meetings, shows and exhibitions. We have in the past organised trips to BMW Welt, Munich, Germany and Alpina in Buchloe, Germany - if you are interested in any events please contact me.
We have also attended various trackdays with the club in Britain such as Cadwell Park, Croft, Donington etc and can provide advice on ferries, car preparations, approx. trip durations and hotel accommodation etc.
The Nurburgring has also been visited by us – especially for the very special 3 day closed event - Nurburgring Circuit Training also known as the International Driving School (since 1964) on the Nordschleife! – serious craic!
Regular Pub meets have been set up but obviously the cars have to get left behind as the Guinness flows.
We have great contacts with BMW Ireland and have organised car displays in main dealer showrooms, especially for the launch of a new model - 3 series, 5 series etc.
We also can provide contacts for the classic BMWs – servicing, parts etc. – both main dealer & independents.
There are numerous Car Shows & Motor Events throughout the year, typically:
- Motor Racing in the Phoenix Park, Dublin.
- The RIAC National Classic Car Show at the RDS, Simmonscourt Pavilion, Dublin.
- ALMC Performance Car Show, City North Hotel, Drogheda, Co. Louth
- AOVC (Association of Old Vehicle Clubs) Classic Show Ballymena Showgrounds, County Antrim, NI
- Irish Classic & Vintage Motor Show Terenure College, Dublin
- Banbridge Motor and Sport Car Show, Bannville House Country Hotel, NI
- Irish Cannonball Run!
- Various Irish Classic Car Clubs
- Dunboyne Motor Club, Dunboyne Village, Co. Meath
Everyone is welcome to come along and see what we are about. We appreciate both your support and opinion on future activities. We are always looking for new members, and welcome any queries that you may have. Any and all suggestions for future events in Ireland are always appreciated.