We have a trip to Lincoln Cathedral reaching its final stages of planning as I write.
It’s on the 20th January, which is a SATURDAY.
There will be no tickets on sale here but they will be available at the ticket office at the Cathedral on the day.
There are two tours of the Cathedral, one on the ground floor and the other on the roof. Dress in warm clothing for both. Its organised by Club member Carol Heidschuster, who is the Works Manager at the Cathedral Works Department.
- Floor tour (Gift Aided and come as often as you like) £6.40 - 60 minute tour starting at 10:00
- Roof Tour - an additional £4 per person to any other tour starting at 1:00 and lasting 90 minutes
- Joint Ticket for a Castle and Cathedral Tour is £13 for concessions and £16 for adults.
- Castle ground are free and need no tickets
- All tickets will be purchased on the day.
To help the Cathedral with staffing for the tour, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone m on 01484 844 920 or 07474 272 656 and let me know which tours you will be attending.
Meet at 9:50a.m. at the Park and Ride outside Waitrose on Searby Road, Lincoln, LN2 4DS. Let’s start the year with a BANG
Buses leave at 9:10, 09.25, 09.40, and 09.55 for the short (3-4 minutes) drive to the Cathedral.
Get off at Northgate which is the first stop.
New - Castle Tour
We also have the opportuinity to tour the Castle, courtesy of Mick Bath, who is a club member and also works as a guide at the Castle. It's a tight schedule to do all three tours, so will need careful timing. People wishing to do the Castle tour will need to visit the Castle in the afternoon, and so must also select which tour of the Cathedral, roof or floor that they wish to do.
It also depends on how many people will be present.
Park and ride is recomended from Waitrose on Searby Road, Lincoln, LN2 4DS
- Adults: £2.50
- Accompanied children: free
- Concessionary bus pass holders: free
- Stagecoach Bus passes, including the Lincoln BIG commuter bus pass, are valid.
Stops in Lincoln are at:
- Nettleham Road: the inbound stop is adjacent to KFC opposite the Waitrose car park
- Northgate: next to Lincoln Cathedral for the Cathedral Quarter
- Broadgate: for the Cornhill Quarter, High St and the Waterside Shopping Centre
- Lincoln Bus Station: for the High Street and the St Marks Shopping Centre
Booking is essential. Send an email to Howard by the 10th January. Tickets will later be attached to the event, when we know the numbers involved, and you can order and pay for them on line.
Your email should follow the instructions below:
So that we know how many people are attending, first copy the text between the ===== lines below
My name is:..................
My membership number is:............
I would like the following tours:
1. Roof Tour of the Cathedral for ...... People
2. Floor tour of the Cathedral for ...... People
3. Tour of the Castle for ...... People
4. Visit to the Stone Masons Works and a short talk by Carol for ...... People
Click HERE to open your mail client and paste it into a new email.
Replace the ...... with the number of people attending, title the email aas "Lincoln Cathedral Tickets" and send the email.
The deadline for this is the 30th December.
The full program will then be determined on the 9th January and an email will be sent to everyone telling them to order and pay for the tickets on line, where to meet us on site, and when. Tickets will be for sale on this page from the 10th January. Click on them to purchase. When we arrive at the Cathedral, bring them with you and you will be able to exchange them for the proper tickets.
This is a special event, not always available to our members or anyone else, so your support will be greatly appreciated. Howard’s email is email@example.com Many thanks to Carol for enabling the tour. Mick also for the Castle Tour.View the cathedral on the web at: https://lincolncathedral.com/