- This event has passed.
Wessex Weekend Tour 2
7 October @ 9:30 am - 8 October @ 3:00 pm
The Wessex Weekend Tour 2 at Portland in Dorset is now approaching. It is on the weekend of 7th – 8th October 2023, with accommodation and a private dinner at the Heights Hotel (https://www.heightshotel.com) for the Saturday night. The hotel still has about 10 double rooms available, so please book quickly if you would like to join us. Call the Hotel Reception on 01305 821361 quoting “BMW Car Club” to reserve a room.
Wessex Weekend Tour 1 in Weston-super-Mare was great fun and we are looking to replicate this, so please book a room at The Heights while you still can. The total cost for the overnight stay in a standard double room is £84 per person including the Wessex Region dinner on the Saturday night and a full Dorset breakfast on Sunday morning. There is an extra charge of £35 for single room occupancy. The hotel also offers more expensive double rooms as an option: Garden View rooms at an extra £20 per room and more spacious rooms at an extra £30 per room. You can also book extra nights if you wish to extend your stay – please discuss this directly with the hotel.
The programme for the weekend is as follows:
- Meet at Orchard Café, West Holme Farm, Wareham, BH20 6AQ at 9.30am but latest 10.00am. Leave Café by 10.15am.
- Visit Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door during drive along the Jurassic Coast.
- Arrive at The Lobster Pot Restaurant, Portland Bill Road, DT5 2JT by 12.30pm (this time is important) for lunch and transfer to Portland Bill Lighthouse visitor centre for 3pm. We will have a guided tour (£7.50 per person) to include a visit to the lantern deck and the Visitor Centre.
- Leave Lighthouse and check-in at Heights Hotel by 5pm (or earlier if people want to make their own way there).
- Dinner at Heights at 7.30pm with drinks at 7pm.
- Breakfast at Heights. Leave for Tank Museum, Linsay Road, Bovington, BH20 6JG at 10am or spend free time in Portland Bill or Weymouth.
- Optional lunch meet at 1pm at a pub to be decided or make your own way home.
Please let Julian Pickering know via email email@example.com when you have made a booking at the hotel and are joining the tour.