As a member of the BMW Car Club of Great Britain you can expect to enjoy numerous benefits including:
- Exclusive events and event discounts. Our Club events, are open to all members regardless of region. These include track days, Concours d'Elegance, driving tests, BMW factory tours, monthly meets, various social meetings and our main event, the National Festival. We also attend multi brand events such as Silverstone Classic, NEC Classic, Autosport and the NEC Restoration Show which we can often offer members discounts for.
- Straight Six. We produce our very own award-winning magazine ‘Straight Six’, which is written by members, for members.
- Discounts on parts. BMW Car Club GB members receive preferential rates from numerous BMW specialist suppliers, helping you to keep your BMW on the road, affordably.
- Knowledge and support. Via club meetings, our forum and our magazine archives, club members gain access to a wealth of authoritative advice and details.
- E-Newsletter. Members receive a fortnightly e-newsletter, keeping them up to date with the club events, alerting them to new discounts and rounding up some of the best BMW content from around the web.
Our History: The BMW Car Club of Great Britain was founded in November 1952 and celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2012. When founded, virtually all BMW cars in the UK were pre-1939 and the club's initial growth was slow. However, the recovery of BMW itself as a vehicle manufacturer, and the growing import of BMW's into the UK saw a considerable increase in club membership. By the late 1970's Regions were formed across geographic areas of Great Britain, each with it's own elected Committee to look after the interests of members in those areas, and organise events.
Today: The club has over 4000 members and has 23 Regions across the UK including the Republic of Ireland, making it the largest single BMW Car Club in Europe. In addition to its Regions, the Club has a number of ‘Registers’ which cater for particular models, such as the '02, Coupes, E3, E30, 7 Series, and Z models. It also has a strong 'M' Power section, and an active Historic section for all pre-1956 cars.
We are a non-profit making organization and a founder member of BMW Clubs European Federation (BCEF). Membership costs just £45 (GBP) per year and £40 to renew every year after that if you choose to do so.
As a member you will enhance the enjoyment, value and experience all BMW owners and enthusiasts get from their cars, whilst enjoying a wide selection of club benefits and activities. Take advantage of all our products and services, attend events, receive the monthly magazine, preferential rates on parts, discounted servicing, Insurance and lifestyle benefits brought to you courtesy of the BMW Car Club.