Following the cancellation of our 2020 Munich Tour in association with Scenic Car Tours, we now have dates for the rescheduled trip in 2021.
For current/existing tour members with a deposit already paid for the 2020 tour postponed due to COVID-19, SCT will automatically move the booking to this 2021 tour. SCT have agreed to honour the 2020 prices for 2021. SCT have absorbed cost increases by way of thanks for the BMWCCGB’s support through this time.
Sunday 13 June 2021 (day 1)
The tour starts from either Hull, Newcastle or Harwich, arriving in Rotterdam, Amsterdam or Hook of Holland respectively the following morning after taking an overnight ferry.
Monday 14 June (Day 2)
Meet at E&R Classics by 12am (around 60-80 miles from all of the Dutch ports to here). Reserved BMW parking at the showroom and a light lunch at the ER Classics showroom. The lunch will also serve as a ‘meet and greet’ and 1st briefing.
Drive to Rüdesheim via the Rhine Valley.
The hotel is right in town, with good parking. The hotel this evening is B&B only, everyone can go out and explore the town and riverfront this evening.
Tuesday 15 June (Day 3)
After breakfast, we will head straight onto the road, with a choice of scenic routes to the ‘Romantic Road’, before taking a very leisurely afternoon stopping in the towns along the ‘Romantic Road’. Dinner is included for everyone at the hotel in Ulm tonight, along with the 2nd briefing (Regensburg, Munich & Sinsheim plans over the next three days).
Wednesday 16 June (Day 4)
BMW Facilities to be toured and times to be confirmed 3 months prior to the tour. If total numbers on the tour are low, the price may need to increase to cover the cost of the BMW facilities.
Ulm to Regensburg, to start off with on the Autobahns and main roads, then onto more scenic routes as we get closer to Regensburg and BMW Plant Regensburg on the town outskirts.
The plant tour lasts for about 3 hours and leads through different production and outside areas. Plant Regensburg assembles the 1 series, 2 series Gran Tourer, 4 series convertible, M4 convertible, X1 and X2. In the past it was the birthplace of most E30’s, E36’s and E46’s.
After the tour we drive to Munich where we will be staying for 2 nights at the hotel on B&B basis only. In the evening either relax in the hotel beer garden or head into Munich City centre.
Thursday 17 June (day 5)
Facilities to be toured and times to be confirmed 3 months prior to the tour. If total numbers on the tour are low, the price may need to increase to cover the cost of the BMW facilities.
Guided Duo-Tour (BMW Museum/ Welt) – 90 min.
BMW Group Classic guided Tour – 60 min.
Return to the BMW Museum for more time looking around and/or visiting the Olympic grounds across the road and the Olympic Tower for views over Munich. Again in the evening either relax in the hotel beer garden or head into Munich City centre.
Friday 18 June (day 6)
Blast along the Autobahns to Sinsheim for lunchtime. Afternoon in Sinsheim Technik Museum. Lunch at museum café (not included in tour cost).
Close by is our hotel for the night, set on a man-made lake, hopefully if the weather is nice we can arrange a meal on the hotel terrace, if not a meal in the hotel. Also the 3rd briefing (Lueven and return to ferries).
Saturday 19 June (day 7)
Drive north to the picture postcard town of Leuven in Belgium. This is a bit of a hidden gem with lots of beer and chocolate shops. The hotel is within walking distance (so no need to worry about driving) of the home of Stella Artois where we will have a Stella brewery tour. Then we will head into the town for a restaurant meal.
Sunday 20 June (day 8)
Drive to the French or Dutch ports and overnight ferries home.
Monday 21 June 2021 (day 9)
£1149.00 per person in a car and bedroom (based on 2 persons sharing in a car/bedroom throughout the tour – so £2298.00 per couple)
£1498.00 per person in a car and bedroom on their own throughout (£800 reduction from the total ‘2 person’ price)
These prices are based on including ALL of the below:-
- 9 day/8 night tour
- Return overnight crossing from UK to Holland*
- 1 night cabin accommodation on board the ferry in a 4 inside berth cabin, each way (2 nights in total)
- 6 nights at hotels
- Breakfast included each morning at the hotels
- 2 dinners included at Ulm and Sinsheim hotels
- Entrance and light lunch at ER Classics showroom
- Entry and reserved parking area at Technik Museum in Sinsheim
- Private group guided tours of BMW Plant Regensburg (ca. 180 min.),BMW Museum and BMW Welt (ca. 90 min), BMW Group Classic (ca. 60 min.).
- Private group guided tour of Stella Artois Brewery
- 1 route guide per car, which will feature details and maps on attractions and places of interest
- 1 rally plaque per car
- All administration taken care of – Scenic Car Tours will handle all of the bookings, payments, queries etc.
- 24 hour out of hours helpline whilst on the tour
- Full financial protection via ABTOT – SCT are ABTOT registered number 5405 – see https://www.abtot.com/
- Ease of booking for members – book everything with SCT rather than having to worry about booking many different elements with various suppliers
- All bookings are bound by SCT conditions of booking. Members are bound by SCT conditions once a deposit is paid
*The above prices are based on Stena Line’s Harwich to Hook of Holland or P&O’s Hull to Rotterdam, an approx. £100 supplement will apply for DFDS’s Newcastle to Amsterdam sailing.
Please note: The trip will be capped at 20 people to ensure the group will be able to enter venues as one tour group.
For further details and to reserve a place contact Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before making a booking, it is imperative members agree to:
- Deposits are strictly non-refundable, albeit the balance payment is not required until 10 weeks prior
- Members agreed to all of the detail in this document, taking special care/attention to the inclusions, parking set up at the hotel(s), and that different ferries are available but must be requested at the time of booking
- SCT terms and conditions of booking
Rooms in most German hotels will be traditional German double rooms, see example http://www.inselmuehle-muenchen.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=143&lang=en . This means that it will be one double bed base, and two single mattresses/duvets, so please make sure anyone sharing a room get along!
Parking may be payable onsite at some hotels.
Members can phone SCT for a reduced price should they wish to make their own ferry arrangements, or jump on an early morning P&O or Eurotunnel short sea crossing. Those who have come via Calais and are prepared for a long day, or have come on earlier and arranged own accommodation can join at E&R Classics. Alternatively head straight to the first ‘tour hotel’ in Rüdesheim. It is only 150 miles from Leuven to Calais, so southerly based members can choose this as an alternative route home.